Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Rane 62 or Pioneer DJM-T1

So for the past 4 months I have been using the Rane 62 for my sets and I must say "It's freaking awesome" but the price is ridiculous. I have been noticing a lot a DJs starting to lean towards Traktor but I never gave it any serious thought until now. I really wanted the software just to see if it was a good fit for me. After much debating I went out to look at the Traktor Z2 but my eyes were immediately glued to the Pioneer DJM-T1. It does come with Traktor but after some YouTube videos, I see people midi map it to use Serato. Since I have an old SL2 box I bought the T1 to test it out with Serato. After serious sets with it here are my thoughts on using it with SSL.

Pros: Easy to midi map, cross fader is great, nice layout for any DVS software, great build quality, saves you $1400 if you have a SL box, $100 if you have to purchase a SL box.

Cons: Stiff line faders, takes up an extra USB port, a lot of cables

So as of today, I'm selling my Rane 62 for $1700. Why? I only paid $600 for the T1 and I love it. The cons I mentioned I can deal with. I use FireWire and Thunderbolt. Line fader in don't scratch with. Another reason why? I'm saving $1100. Rane is out of their damn minds with that price. Yes in ought it and for 4 months had buyers remorse. So if you want the same quality as Rane for less money and using SSL, go with the DJM-T1.

No comments:

Post a Comment