Wednesday, January 16, 2013

NEW VENTURES

Wzup World?

I AM DJ DK here bringing you a new blog on music news and reviews.  NO, this blog is not about gossip or any other celeb bullish*t.  This blog is strictly about new music, music reviews, artist reviews, dj equipment news, software reviews, and much much more.  IDGAF what Chris Brown and Rihanna do off stage.  I am here to listen to their music whether I like it, love it, or hate it.

Now, a little about me. I AM DJ DK, I can't stress that enough.  I am first and foremost a music lover, secondly I'm a dj.  I have a mass music collection and a great ear for music.  I can appreciate any genre of music and get something out of it.  My main love is R&B, Hip Hop, and Soul.  With the era we are in now R&B is becoming a lost art and I appreciate the artist like, Trey Songz, Miguel, & Frank Ocean for keeping R&B original.  I do like what Chris Brown does for the club, but in my car he gets no play unless it's "No B.S." on my iPod.  I'm a fan of Hip Hop minus the skinny jeans.  Aside from Lil Wayne the artist that rock skinny jeans I really don't feel, but I'm like 10 - 12 years older than those cats too.  If I wasn't from Louisiana and didn't listen to Wayne in my youth I would probably pass on his music too.  My favorite Hip Hop artist hands down is Jay-Z "Best Rapper Alive."  Why? Been listening since "Reasonable Doubt."  Most of you say Pac and Biggie but Biggie only dropped 2 albums and Pac I wasn't feeling the albums just his singles.  Soul music I love it all.  70s Soul and Southern Soul.  What is southern soul you ask?  TK Soul, Johnnie Taylor, Mel Waiters, Marvin Sease, Wilson Meadows, etc.  This is Southern Soul music.  That strange music you listen to on Sunday after church that talks about all of you things you have went through and going through in your love life while drinking bootleg beer from the club.  Now what you know about that?  See you have to be in and from the south to have a deep love for Soul music.  Yeah you got Motown but they didn't talk about those back street love affairs like ZZ Hill and JT talked about.

So there yo go.  You know how I feel about music and you see a lil of my passion for it.  I'm currently rebuilding my website, www.iamdjdk.com, and it will be up soon.  Keep looking out for my latest post and music reviews.

Much Love,

IAMDJDK
www.iamdjdk.com

1 comment: